On the 30th September the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS), also known as the furlough scheme, came to an end. Employers are able to claim for their employee’s wages if they have been furloughed due to COVID-19 until 14th October.
If you happen to miss the claim deadline, HRMC may accept late claims if you have a reasonable excuse, taken reasonable care to try and claim on time or have claimed without delay as soon as you were able to do so.
14th October 2021 – Last day to submit CJRS claims for September 2021.
28th October 2021 – Last day to make any amends to a CJRS claim for September 2021.
What will you need to make a claim?
You will need the following information to make a claim on a furloughed employee’s wages:
- to be registered for PAYE online (you will need your Government Gateway ID and password)
- your UK, Channel Island or Isle of Man bank account number and sort
- the billing address on your bank account
- your employer PAYE scheme reference number
- the number of employees being furloughed
- each employee’s National Insurance
- each employee’s payroll or employee number
- the start date and end date of the claim
- the full amounts of employee wages you’re claiming for
- your phone number
- contact name
For further information and to claim, visit the dedicated government website here.
If your business has been affected by Coronavirus, or if you need help with your accounts, get in touch with our team at email@example.com