Looking for something?

Contact us


We understand that the construction business is unique and has specific accounting and financial needs.

Managing cash flow, being diligent with finances, and remaining efficient are all critical skills needed in the construction industry in light of the current economic slump, and that’s why it’s important to have a specialist accountant like BK Plus by your side who will help you in the areas you feel you’re lacking.

We make it our duty to guarantee that all builders, developers, contractors, and sub-contractors comply with the new and current standards so that you can remain compliant and continue to expand your company.

What can you expect?

  • Annual year end accounts
  • Bookkeeping
  • Tax planning and advice
  • Payroll & Auto Enrolment
  • Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
  • HMRC registrations covering PAYE, VAT and Corporation Tax
  • R&D Relief

Friendly, Impartial, Informed

You won’t have to deal with the complexities of construction industry accounting with BK Plus as we will support you no matter what kind of construction trade you’re in.

To help you enhance the way your construction or property business is run, we provide expert guidance on improving your profitability, organise your business structure, develop a tax strategy, and make the most of your cash flow. 


Do you have any questions about BK Plus and our services? You may be able to find the answer to your question by looking at some of our frequently asked questions.

What expenses am I able to claim under CIS?

Any business costs that HMRC deems eligible for tax relief can be claimed on your CIS tax return. This can include invoices, CIS statements of earnings, mileage, bank statements and purchase receipts. Make sure to check with your BK Plus accountant if you’re ever unsure.

What falls within the CIS’s definition of building work?

CIS applies to the majority of construction work on buildings, structures, roads and bridges.
Construction work for the purposes of CIS includes the following; site preparation, demolition, building work, alterations, repairs and decorating, installing systems for heating, lighting power, water and ventilation and cleaning the inside of buildings at the end of construction work.

When can I expect to get my CIS number?

HMRC can provide the UTR number in anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks. Being CIS, the claimant should be able to provide specifics about their wages, and having this knowledge undoubtedly speeds up the whole process.

On the balance sheet, where does Work in Progress (WIP) go?

Raw materials, labour, and overhead expenses expended for goods that are in different phases of manufacturing are referred to as “work in progress” (WIP). Following that, these expenses are charged to the finished goods account and ultimately to the cost of sales.

Want to speak with one of the team?

Complete the form and one of our team will be in touch. Alternatively, drop us an email at hello@bkplus.co.uk or contact one of our local offices.

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. By clicking submit you agree to our Website Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.